User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
I would like to request to defaultly enable Windows Dynamic disk support in the stock Fedora kernel, as I have a disk with dynamic partitions on it, one of them being /home (don't ask), and every time there is an update for the kernel, I have to recompile it because of that one tick in the kernelconfig.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. have a disk with dynamic partiton
2. try to mount them
Fedora will be unable to recognize the partitions on that disk, including /home, rendering the system unbootable with the new kernel.
OK. We'll enable this. A couple of notes:
1) It doesn't support GPT labeled dynamic partitions (possible starting with Vista I believe)
2) If for some reason it starts causing problems, it's likely to get turned back off rather quickly.
3) We aren't going to be in a position to explicitly test this, so if it breaks in the future we probably aren't going to notice.
kernel-3.8.7-201.fc18 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 18.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 18 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing kernel-3.8.7-201.fc18'
as soon as you are able to, then reboot.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
I will try it at once, thank you!
kernel-3.9.0-0.rc6.git2.3.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
kernel-3.8.7-201.fc18 has been pushed to the Fedora 18 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
kernel-3.9.0-0.rc6.git2.3.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.