Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 948821
wrong measurement units in the documentation
Last modified: 2014-10-14 00:15:32 EDT
Description of problem:
Libvirt documentation has Mbps (megabits) instead of MBps (megabytes), at least for migration routine virDomainMigrateToURI2 . Though the difference is not too big, it is still approx. 8 times.
Connected issue is #925981
 — http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virDomainMigrateToURI2
Fixed upstream by
Author: Ján Tomko <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: 2013-04-09 16:15:07 +0200
Commit: Ján Tomko <email@example.com>
CommitDate: 2013-04-09 16:45:24 +0200
docs: use MiB/s instead of Mbps for migration speed
We decided not to rebase libvirt in RHEL 6.5 to avoid stability issues
we faced in 6.4. This bug has already been trivially fixed upstream but
it is not considered important enough to be backported to RHEL 6.5.
Thus I'm pushing this bug to RHEL 6.6 (and setting Upstream keyword to
indicate we have patches upstream) for now. If you don't agree with
this resolution, please, give us reasons which you think are strong
enough for us to reevaluate the decision not to backport patches for
Verified pass in libvirt-0.10.2-32.el6:
Found 20 "MiB/s" and no "Mbps" in http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virDomainMigrateToURI2
# man virsh | grep "MiB/s" --color
copying bandwidth limit in MiB/s, although for qemu, it may be non-
specifies copying bandwidth limit in MiB/s.
copying bandwidth limit in MiB/s.
Set the maximum migration bandwidth (in MiB/s) for a domain which
Get the maximum migration bandwidth (in MiB/s) for a domain.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.