Created attachment 732982 [details]
KDM failing to load right theme
Description of problem:
After installing RC1, I could not log in to KDE session
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Fedora 19 RC1 i386 or x86_64
2. Reboot normally, kdm fails on startup with error that it cannot find proper theme as SphericalCow was Fedora 18 theme.
Fails to login
Should show Fedora 19 theme
cat /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc | grep theme
# Whether the greeter should be themed. Default is false
# The theme to use for the greeter. Can point to either a directory or an XML
# file. Default is "/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/circles"
This was fine in TC5 so somehow this regression has appeared
this is fixed in
* Wed Apr 03 2013 Martin Briza <firstname.lastname@example.org> 19-15 - Fixed KDM theme name in /etc
-15, So RC1 missed the cutoff of the theme fix.....
I will keep bug open so there is reference
there is also -16 but %changelog is missing in koji build of -16 but committed in package git repo.
Can this be fixed please?
1. This is a reference to F18 artwork.
2. This makes KDM not work, i.e. it COMPLETELY BREAKS the KDE spin!!!
→ IMHO, clear Alpha Blocker, I hope everyone agrees.
This is fixed in updates-testing.
Well, the working package is included in Alpha-TC4 and was tagged into f19 today.
Unfortunately, I submitted the fix after the freeze so it had to go through the usual updates procedure.
As the different version of kde-settings and schroedinger-cat-kde-theme was picked up for RC1 than requested in the releng ticket, this bug should be implicitly accepted as blocker and compose should be fixed.
Seems like this is basically an RC1 compose error, +1 per jreznik, setting accepted.
Confirming that this is indeed fixed in RC2.
The update was pushed stable, so closing.