If rebuild of IMSM RAID5 volume is started in OROM, it does not proceed in OS.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create IMSM RAID5 volume with 3 HDDs
2. Remove one hot swappable HDD from the array
3. Replace failed HDD with a good HDD (do not add it to container)
4. Restart computer, enter RSTe RAID OROM interface
5. Choose newly added HDD and start Rebuild in OROM
5. Boot OS and check RAID status in OS
RAID5 volume is in Degraded state in OS. Rebuild has not been started.
RAID5 volume is being rebuilt in OS.
mdadm-3.2.6-19.fc18 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 18.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 18 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing mdadm-3.2.6-19.fc18'
as soon as you are able to, then reboot.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
The bug is fixed in the build mdadm-3.2.6-19.fc18.
mdadm-3.2.6-19.fc18 has been pushed to the Fedora 18 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.