Description of problem:
I setup an iSCSI storage domain with a LUN that was too small. After I resized the LUN on the storage array, ovirt still saw the original size.
I got a command line on the node running spm, and tried running pvresize to no avail.
I ended up doing low level hacking by attaching to the VG group from another Linux box and running pvresize, then rebooting all my nodes.
This needs to be handled much more gracefully and from the UI.
This feature will be very welcome, i was asking on same in very first 3.0 release
Same situation. I need to enlarge my iscsi LUN, peace of cake by the linux side but had no solution from within ovirt.
I had set the SD to mantainance and back to active as suggested in the list, but it didn't work. Also tried force a SPM reelection as another suggested and it didn't work either.
I shouldn't be that hard to recheck the size of the SD once you re activate it (at least)
(In reply to Juan Pablo Lorier from comment #2)
> Same situation. I need to enlarge my iscsi LUN, peace of cake by the linux
> side but had no solution from within ovirt.
> I had set the SD to mantainance and back to active as suggested in the list,
> but it didn't work. Also tried force a SPM reelection as another suggested
> and it didn't work either.
> I shouldn't be that hard to recheck the size of the SD once you re activate
> it (at least)
Ack, we're already pulling the data from the spm when activating so it should just be a matter of updating the info in the db.
Daniel, let's track that change here.
please keep on mind features like netapp volume/lun autogrow
According to the suggestion solution, added LUN device size synchronization as part of storage domain activation. I.e. when activating an iSCSI storage domain, device size mismatch is detected and updated accordingly in the DB.
In order to make the scope of this RFE clear, it only handles resizing a LUN that is part of storage domain.
Handling direct LUNs should be tracked in a different BZ.
Fixes should be in ovirt-3.4.0-beta2. Assignee please check.
executed upstream , working fine
This is an automated message: moving to Closed CURRENT_RELEASE since oVirt 3.4.0 has been released.