Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 962259
hypervisor failover caused virtual machine hang when turning hyperthreading on
Last modified: 2014-08-24 20:48:15 EDT
Description of problem:
In RHEVM, two hypervisors A,B are in the failover domain with hyperthreading on, if hypervisor A is down, the virtual machine on A would be relocate to B, and this relocation would cause all virtual machine on B get stuck.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Setup rhevm, 2 rhev-hypervisor and 2 rhev-hypervisor are in the cluster with failover.
2. On 2 hypervisors, turn hyperthreading on,
3. Shutdown one of the hypervisor.
4. Virtual machines are relocated which causes virtual machine on the other hypervisor hang.
virtual machine on the other hypervisor hang.
virtual machines are relocated smoothly.
Hi, Geng Sheng
Could you help provide more detail information?
(1) What is the kernel and qemu-kvm version for the two host?
(2) What is the rhevm, vdsm, libvirt version?
(3) So the hyperthreading is off originally?
(4) What is your command to turn on the hyperthreading?
(5) What is the qemu command line? (ps ax | grep qemu)
Last update to Customer Portal case: May 24, 2013
Status of Customer Portal case: Closed
Closing as INSU.