Description of problem:
When creating a new VM, I receive an error message "Uncaught error validating install parameters: argument of type 'bool' is not iterable".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install from Fedora-Live-Desktop-x86_64-19-Beta-TC4-1.iso using Installation Options > Partition Scheme BTRFS into free space on bare metal. Otherwise defaults.
2. yum update
4. yum groupinstall virtualization
5. yum install avahi-tools
6. Launch Virtual Machine Manager and authenticate.
7. Click on button "create new virtual machine": name=hello, Local install media selected, click forward.
8. Choose "Use ISO image", then click Browse, find the install ISO in /home/chris/Downloads. Click Forward.
Error message appears:
Uncaught error validating install parameters: argument of type 'bool' is not iterable
Successfully proceed to step 3 of 5 in the wizard.
Created attachment 747452 [details]
GUI dialog details shows this
Created attachment 747453 [details]
Output from virt-manager --debug
ALso jsut saw this bug when working from http repo install without any install media.
Proposing as Beta Blocker due to Self Hosting Virtualization Requirement -- "The release must be able host virtual guest instances of the same release. "
I just hit this on a fresh install of F19 TC4 (standard partitions, autopart, single disk). Updated post-install and installed virt-manager. Got the error shown in the debug output attached in c#2
virt-manager-0.10.0-0.3.gitb68faac8.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
update from c#7 fixes the issue for me
Discussed at 2013-05-15 blocker review meeting: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-blocker-review/2013-05-15/f19beta-blocker-review-6.2013-05-15-16.02.html . Rejected as a blocker on the basis that there are various workarounds to get VMs working (use Boxes or virt-install), but accepted as a freeze exception issue.
0.4.git was pushed stable; closing.
virt-manager-0.10.0-0.5.gitde1695b2.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
virt-manager-0.10.0-0.5.gitde1695b2.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.