Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 964460
Anaconda selects wrong keyboard layout
Last modified: 2013-07-05 14:45:10 EDT
Description of problem:
The new Anaconda installer offers an option called "Set keyboard to default layout for selected language". This option however, does not select the correct layout for Swiss German but the layout for German (Austria) instead.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Live Image Fedora-18-x86_64-Live-Desktop.iso
Do a fresh install of Fedora 18 using the Live CD Image.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start the Fedora 18 Live CD-Image with no additional parameters or options.
2. Once the system has started, sign in as "Live System User".
3. Wait for the "Welcome to Fedora" dialog to pop up, then choose "Install to Hard Drive".
4. Check "Set keyboard to default layout for selected language" and choose "Deutsch (Schweiz) | German (Switzerland)".
5. Click next and find the keyboard layout set to "German (German (Austria))" in the upper right corner of the screen. This (wrong!) selection is also applied to the installed system later.
The keyboard layout for Austria (instead of Switzerland) is being selected and set up.
Correct keyboard layout selection.
Tested in VirtualBox 4.2.12 Fedora Guest instance on Mac OS X Host.
Fixed in Fedora 19 installer