Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 965671
[RFE] Automate the export and compression of selected guests to RH GSS via the RH support UI plugin.
Last modified: 2016-07-03 21:34:38 EDT
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Automate the export and compression of selected guests to RH GSS via the RH support UI plugin.
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
At present this requires that the customer export the guest, compress the share used by the export domain and then transfer this to RH. This RFE aims to simplify this process and thus avoid any comment tennis in support cases.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
To improve the customer experience when attempting to share a problematic guest with RH.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Provide a simple extension to the action menu for each vm or elsewhere in the UI that collects and uploads the guest to RH (dropbox). It would be preferable if the format used would allow support associates to easily import the guest into their own env.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Ensure the guest is uploaded to dropbox and can be easily restored by a support associate into an internal env.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
No however I will file another RFE for the LC to have this feature as well.
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
GSS will be able to help test this feature.
*** Bug 965673 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***