Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 966095
[KDM] Console login does not work
Last modified: 2013-06-07 23:37:10 EDT
Description of problem:
Console login in KDM does not work - first try results in restart of KDM, subsequential tries switch to (probably) tty1, which is unusable - I can see systemd messages in there, but there is no login prompt and I can't see what am I typing. Pressing ctrl+alt+fX does nothing.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Fedora 19 Beta RC3
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install fedora with KDE plasma desktop
2. In KDM, go to Menu -> Console login
KDM does not switches to usable console.
KDM should switch to usable console.
from my point of view, fixing this functionality is worthless because quite a bit of reasons:
* KDM will be deprecated by KDE for KDE Plasma Workspaces 2
* It seems this particular menu entry is broken for years and nobody really cared until now
* Switching to a virtual terminal login screen is as easy as pressing ctrl+alt+f2
If there is any reasonable use case which makes this particular functionality worth fixing and keeping, please let me know, otherwise I'm thinking about just removing it from the menu to avoid confusion (and getting the screen stuck after the second try).
+1 to removing it from the UI
Yeah, I agree - no need to have it there as long as ctrl+alt+fx works just fine.
feel free to remove it.
kde-settings-19-23.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 19 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing kde-settings-19-23.fc19'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
kde-settings-19-23.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.