Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 966785
gnome-shell renders labels in Droid Sans instead of VL Gothic if google-droid-sans-fonts is installed
Last modified: 2013-06-04 23:20:30 EDT
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. boot Fedora 19 Beta RC4 Desktop live image
2. yum install google-droid-sans-fonts
3. change the Language to Japanese with gnome-control-center, and re-login
Labels in the gnome-shell chrome, such as "アクティビティ", are rendered in Droid Sans
Labels should be rendered in VL Gothic
Adding ignore-blanks="true" to the family test in /etc/fonts/conf.d/65-0-vlgothic-pgothic.conf fixed the problem.
Fixed in 20130510-2.fc19
vlgothic-fonts-20130510-2.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 19 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing vlgothic-fonts-20130510-2.fc19'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
vlgothic-fonts-20130510-2.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.