Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 968955
"Update folders.." dialog should not appear on every login
Last modified: 2013-06-07 00:31:47 EDT
Description of problem:
After language change, "Update standard folders..." dialog appears. If I don't check "Don't ask me this again" and click "Keep old names", it will ask me on next login again.
If I check "Don't ask me this again" and click "Keep old names", this dialog will not appear after next language change.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Change language on your user and relog
2. In "Update standard folders..." dialog, click "Keep old names"
3. Relog again
4. "Update standard folders..." dialog will appear again
5. Check "Don't ask me this again" and click "Keep old names".
6. Change your language to some third language which should result in "Update standard folders.." dialog
8. "Update standard folders.." will not appear
"Don't ask me this again" completely disables this dialog window.
I think there are two options:
1) "Don't ask me this again" completely disables "Update standard folders..." dialog, but it appears only once after language change, not on every login if "Don't ask me this again" is not checked.
2) "Don't ask me this again" disables the dialog only for current language.
I think 2) is better.
Reproduced, and it is a regression. This dialog used to appear only once after each language change, and therefore ticking the checkbox didn't use to be necessary.
xdg-user-dirs-gtk-0.10-2.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
I disagree with the complaint here - the dialog should reappear at the next login, until you check the 'don't ask again' checkbox. And I can't see any changes in the recent past that would explain why this should have behaved differently in the past. There was still a bug here though, and i've fixed that: checking that checkbox was disabling the functionality permanently, which was not intended. The update makes it so that the dialog will come back if you change the language again, even if you checked 'don't ask again' before.
The fix works as intended and I think it is better to ask on every login until "don't ask" is checked, thank you.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 19 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing xdg-user-dirs-gtk-0.10-2.fc19'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
xdg-user-dirs-gtk-0.10-2.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.