Bug 96958 - Inconsistent ML behavior in CMS
Inconsistent ML behavior in CMS
Product: Red Hat Enterprise CMS
Classification: Retired
Component: other (Show other bugs)
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Justin Ross
Jon Orris
Depends On:
Blocks: rc0blockers
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2003-06-06 19:01 EDT by Jon Orris
Modified: 2007-04-18 12:54 EDT (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2003-06-16 14:43:49 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Jon Orris 2003-06-06 19:01:26 EDT
Description of problem:

If I set my browser to German and go to CMS, I see inconsistent behavior.
The main admin page is in German. However, if I click on an article, of which
both a German & English version exist, I am dispatched to the english version.

All the UI is in English. If I select the German version in the languages tab, I
still see an English UI.
Comment 1 Justin Ross 2003-06-10 20:35:09 EDT
"However, if I click on an article, of which both a German & English version
exist, I am dispatched to the english version."

This is sort of by design.  The DP merge has the section admin page show a list
of primary instances, not a list of bundles.

As to the second part, the locale of the UI being determined by the current
item, that's wacky and I'm checking it out.
Comment 2 Justin Ross 2003-06-11 11:34:02 EDT
It turns out that item admin globalization is working fine, it's just that it's
not currently localized.  I added cms.ui.help=Hilfe (hope that's the right
German) and the right thing happens when I set my browser to German.

A slightly curious behavior of our g11n is that we fall back to English, not
straight back to g11n keys, if say the German variant lacks a particular key.

In summary, I don't think we have beta2 bugs here.  We have an arguable
misfeature (the browse tab shows primary instances rather than bundles that are
subsequently resolved) and we have some incomplete l18n.
Comment 3 Richard Li 2003-06-13 14:05:24 EDT
Retargeting for RC0 based on Justin's comment.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.