Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 969789
engine: can't live migrate a disk if the vm also has an inactive disk attached on a domain which is in maintenance
Last modified: 2016-02-10 12:35:30 EST
Created attachment 755859 [details]
Description of problem:
create snapshot fails in CanDoAction (in engine log only) if we try to live migrate a disk which is attached to a vm that has a second inactive disk on a domain in maintenance.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. in iscsi storage with multiple domains, create a vm with one disk and run it
2. create a floating disk on a second domain
3. after the floating disk is created put its domain in maintenance.
4. when domain is in maintenance, attach the floating disk to the vm as inactive (do not hotplug).
5. try to live storage migrate the active disk
1. we fail to create a snapshot with CanDoAction
2. log shows a CanDoAction but there is no CanDoAction shown to the user
1.we should succeed to live storage migrate the active disk and disregard the inactive disk and its maintenance domain when creating the snapshot.
2. if this operation is blocked we need to show the user the CanDoAction dialogue.
Additional info: log
2013-06-02 14:22:30,640 WARN [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.CreateAllSnapshotsFromVmCommand] (pool-4-thread-46) [7562beef] CanDoAction of action CreateAllSnapshotsFromVm failed. Reasons:VAR__ACTION__CREATE,VAR__TYPE__SNAPSHOT,ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_STORAGE_DOMAIN_STATUS_ILLEGAL
It's possible to perform live storage migration to a disk that attached to VM which has an inactive (unplugged) disk located on an inactive SD attach to it.
Verified according to steps in the bug description.
Checked on RHEV-3.4:
This bug is referenced in ovirt-engine-3.4.0-beta3 logs. Moving to ON_QA
Closing as part of 3.4.0