Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 969906
Add Section to Part: Validating the Installation with new tour of initial cloud with dashboard.
Last modified: 2014-05-26 21:29:12 EDT
Moving install bugs over to you, Scott.
Will now go into, if not already dealt with in, the Validating the Dashboard section.
Included chapter 'Touring the Cloud' in Part: Validating the Installation'. This chapter describes the different tab options available on the OpenStack Dashboard for admin and demo users.
Here you go:
* Admin Tab- The Admin tab enables the administrators to view usage and manage instances, volumes, flavors, images, projects, users, services and quotas.
[Comment] services and quotas. -> services, and quotas.
* Admin Tab- Based on whether you have logged into the OpenStack Dashboard as an administrator or as a user, the main window shows the Admin, Project and Red Hat tabs or the Project and Red Hat tabs respectively.
[Comment] Would use: The Admin tab is only displayed in the main window if you have logged in as an administrator.
* Admin Tab- System Panel tab listing
[Comment] For readability, would rework into a table. (Yes, I know this is how Diane did it, but we don't have to. Hah!) Change for the Project and Red Hat tab as well.
* Admin Tab- Resource Usage
[Comment] Fix the 'listing' commas (see above). Remove 'respectively', doesn't add anything.
* Admin Tab- Flavors. 'A flavor is size for an instance.'
[Comment] This needs more. Why not just say size?
* Admin Tab- System Info
[Comment] Use '-' instead of ':'. ':' usually means you're going to see a list.
Change for other sub-listings as well.
* Project Tab- Instances
[Comment] 'through VNC' -> 'through the ?? (VNC)'
* Project Tab - Network Topology
[Comment] Repeated twice? (the first is better...)
'Interactive topology' -> 'View the interactive topology'
* Project Tab - Containers
[Comment] 'Create and delete storage containers.' And could easily use a bit of the text from the gui's help, to say something about containers.
* Project Tab - Stacks
[Comment] 'Use REST API' -> 'Use the REST API'. But is this true? I can't see it, but doesn't the GUI sit between you and the API?
* Red Hat Tab - Intro
[Comment] '..check the log file for Instances'. Names of created or running instances? And, that's all the log files contain?
Updated the chapter 'Touring the Cloud' according to review comment 5.