Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 971151
[RHSC] Attempting to remove server when all servers are in maintenance does not generate an error message
Last modified: 2013-06-28 11:31:10 EDT
Created attachment 757355 [details]
Description of problem:
With two clusters, and two servers in each cluster; when attempting to remove a server from either cluster when all servers are in maintenance mode does not result in an error message as expected. Neither does the server get removed (as expected) - it is as if no action was taken.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create two clusters, and then add two servers to each cluster.
2. Put all servers into maintenance mode.
3. Attempt to remove a server in either of the clusters.
After clicking OK on he Remove Servers dialog, an error message indicating that the server can not be removed should appear. Instead, there is no error message/dialog as expected. Neither is there an event message.
An error dialog should appear when attempting to remove a server from a cluster when all servers in the cluster are in maintenance.
If force remove is not set, server cannot be removed if there is no up server found. Message displayed correctly now.
Created attachment 763563 [details]
Failed to verify.
Configuration was the same as described above.
There are two issues here:
1) When all servers are in maintenance, attempting to remove one of the servers should result in an error message (because there are no servers in Up state). No error message occurs.
2) Brining one of the servers in a cluster Up, and then attempting to remove the server that is maintenance does not result in the server being removed. When the Remove Servers dialog renders with message "Are you sure you want to remove the following items?", clicking OK does not remove the server (no apparent action is taken).