Description of problem:
Try to import .ods-file
Version-Release number of selected component:
runlevel: N 5
var_log_messages: Jun 6 22:20:17 athlon64x4-631 abrt: Saved core dump of pid 2070 (/usr/bin/gnumeric-1.12.2) to /var/tmp/abrt/ccpp-2013-06-06-22:20:17-2070 (88690688 bytes)
Thread no. 1 (10 frames)
#0 odf_text_content_end at openoffice-read.c:1643
#1 oo_cell_content_end at openoffice-read.c:4061
#2 gsf_xml_in_end_element at gsf-libxml.c:840
#4 xmlParseEndTag1 at parser.c:8679
#5 xmlParseElement__internal_alias at parser.c:10082
#6 xmlParseContent__internal_alias at parser.c:9881
#7 xmlParseElement__internal_alias at parser.c:10054
#8 xmlParseContent__internal_alias at parser.c:9881
#9 xmlParseElement__internal_alias at parser.c:10054
#10 xmlParseContent__internal_alias at parser.c:9881
Created attachment 757885 [details]
Created attachment 757886 [details]
Created attachment 757887 [details]
Created attachment 757888 [details]
Created attachment 757889 [details]
Created attachment 757890 [details]
Created attachment 757891 [details]
Created attachment 757892 [details]
Created attachment 757893 [details]
Hi, would you be able to provide the ODF file in question?
I opened an ODS-File. It is an older format of Openoffice not ODF. An ODF-File do not cause an error.
Files with extension .ods are typically files in the spreadsheet variant of the OpenDocument Format (ODF).
But I am wondering whether you can provide the specific file leading to this crash. If it is confidential, would you be able to send it to me? I am one of the upstream deveopers for Gnumeric, and can make sure that it stays confidential.
Created attachment 758298 [details]
My file which killed gnumeric
@ Andreas J Guelzow : The file you requested
Thank you for providing the file. I seem to be unable to trigger the crash with that file. I have, upstream, ensured that we will not crash again at that spot but I was trying to figure out how we could have attained a null pointer in that situation.
Today I opened the file again and nothing happened. the file was opened as it should be. Everything was fine. No crash. I am astonished.
This trace matches a bug I just fixed upstream (the fix will be in 1.12.4) that could be triggered by old sxc files (Those are pre-cursors to the open document format spreadsheet files). One should consider this bug fixed in 1.12.4.
goffice-0.10.4-1.fc18, gnumeric-1.12.4-1.fc18, gnome-chemistry-utils-0.14.2-4.fc18 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 18.
Package goffice-0.10.4-1.fc18, gnumeric-1.12.4-1.fc18, gnome-chemistry-utils-0.14.2-4.fc18:
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 18 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing goffice-0.10.4-1.fc18 gnumeric-1.12.4-1.fc18 gnome-chemistry-utils-0.14.2-4.fc18'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
goffice-0.10.4-1.fc18, gnumeric-1.12.4-1.fc18, gnome-chemistry-utils-0.14.2-4.fc18 has been pushed to the Fedora 18 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.