Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 972448
[User experience] User experience unbearable, when user login to User Portal with 1800 VM's.
Last modified: 2014-01-16 09:37:19 EST
Description of problem: User experience unbearable, when user login to User Portal with 1800 VM's.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
RHEVM 3.2 - SF17.1 environment:
QEMU & KVM: qemu-kvm-rhev-0.12.1.2-2.355.el6_4.3.x86_64
Steps to Reproduce:
Build on BZ880969 scenario
1. On iSCSI DC create 1800 VM's
2. All VM's in “Down” state
3. Add user to “Permissions” management with “PowerUserRole” role, to all those VM's.
4. Login with this user to User Portal
1. User experience unbearable, browser try demonstrate all 1800 objects (vm's) on user session
2. Browser Firefox – same time crashed, browser Chrome same time stuck.
3. All works very slowly
4. No option scroll but fixed mount VM's is possible
5. Same experience I get via “Basic” and “Extended” view
User can get normal user experience
Impact on user:
user portal is not meant for users with 1800 VMs.
does this reproduce with user with permissions for 50 VMs? 100 VMs? 200 VMs?
It's reproduce with 150 and more VM's, because in UI of User Portal browser try draw all those objects in one page.
IMHO it should be divided by pages with 100 VM's or less, same idea as in WebAdmin Portal.
I really don't think that it is worth looking into - closing.