Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 973771
Can't promote a content view to a 2nd promotion path
Last modified: 2014-04-24 13:11:12 EDT
Description of problem:
When trying to promote a content view to a 2nd promotion path (DEV2 for example), a view will show up as 'promoted' if it has been promoted to another path (Dev1).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an environment Library->Dev1
2. Create an environment Library->Dev2
3. Create a content view definition and publish it to "TestView"
4. Promote TestView to Dev1 via the UI
5. Attempt to promote TestView to Dev2 via the UI
UI says that the view has already been promoted and does not allow promotion
UI does not allow promotion, says its already been promoted
Since this issue was entered in Red Hat Bugzilla, the release flag has been
set to ? to ensure that it is properly evaluated for this release.
I just ran a few tests with katello master and it appears that this may have already been solved. I had the 3 environment paths below and was able to successfully promote the same content view to each.
please check following scenario as well:
Library -> env-dev
Library -> env-test
1. create CV1 and promote to env-dev
2. create CV2 and try to create a changeset to *promote* the *same* enviuronment - UI just shows up all the time with deletion type of the changeset :/
We are indeed able to promote same CV's to multiple promotion paths.
*** Bug 968421 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This was verified and delivered with MDP2. Closing it out.
This was delivered and verified with MDP2. Closing the bug.