Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 974135
Can't sign into sample-portal container
Last modified: 2013-11-07 09:21:56 EST
Description of problem:
Can't sign into gatein-sample-portal container.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. set up datasources and security domain in standalone.xml for sample-portal
2. deploy sample-portal container extension quickstart to the portal
3. open sample-portal, try to sign in as root:gtn
can't sign into sample-portal
Sign In with "root" and "gtn" password should work.
Filip did not know that there are no default users in JPP 6.1. He did not set root password before he experienced the described behavior. The "Try Portal with one of these User Accounts" were removed for JPP 6.1 ER02, see https://issues.jboss.org/browse/GTNPORTAL-3111
I set root password, opened sample-portal, tried to log in with root + password set from beginning - "Failed to log in" message is displayed.
Build ID: ER02
There are two ways how root password can be set:
(1) using bin/setup-portal.sh before the first start of the portal or
(2) using the form that appears automatically on when accessing an uninitialized portal
I can confirm that the bug occurs with (2) but does not occur with (1).
I tried to fix through comparing gatein-portal/web/portal/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml with gatein-sample-portal/war/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
Recently, there were some filters and servlets added to the default portal's web.xml that -- as I supposed -- could solve the problem when added to sample portal's web.xml. But it did not help.
Leaving open and I'll try to solve it later.
PortalSetupService had a bug when working with multiple containers at same time.
Also quickstart-sample-portal had missing configuration for PortalSetupService.
PRs sent to gatein-portal and gatein-portal-quickstarts to fix it.
Take note that:
- sample-porta.ear creates a new portal container with their own database for JCR and IDM.
- so, in this context each portal (portal and sample-portal) are independents.
- setting root password using bin/setup-portal.sh modify root password for all portal containers deployed.
- setting root password by form only set up the password for the current portal container.
- so, a expected behaviour using form to set up root password will be that they have to set up root password of portal "portal" and root password of portal "sample-portal", as they are two different users in two different portal containers (with separate databases for JCR and IDM).
I was able to log in sample-portal as root, when setting root password using bin/portal-setup.sh
When I tried to set root password using form, there was no "Set up root password" form when accessing sample-portal for the first time (there was form only when accessing default portal for the first time).
Build ID: ER04
There is a pending PR to fix this issue:
Oh, sorry, I thought, I have included the PR from Lucas in ER04 already. That is my mistake. Sorry again. I'll merge it ASAP.
I can confirm, that the solution of Lucas works with the upcomming JPP 6.1.1.ER05. Someone might find it strange that he needs to initialize the root password twice (once of every portal container) but this is just a consequence of using distinct datasources for the two portals.
I wasn't able to verify it with prod-qs on ER05 (BZ 1007391). Signing problem has been fixed, but when user is logged in portal, there is GateIn skin. JPP default skin is available only for sample-portal. Tested on CR03.
I've created new BZ 1016603 for skin problem. Changing to VERIFIED.