From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.1; Linux)
Description of problem:
if You create a profile Foo and a Profile bar with neat, then you can't creat a ifcfg-eth0 for foo with uses dhcp and a ifcfg-eth0 for bar that uses a static IP-adress.
If you create first the foo-profile then you can use dhcp. Than you create the bar-profile. Than you can use the far-profile with the static IP-Adress.
But the foo-profile use now also the static IP-Adress. If i Change the foo-profile back to dhcp, the bar-profile uses also dhcp.
The reason for this Problem is maybe that all profiles uses the same hardlink at all time.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Creat profile foo for dhcp
2. Creat profile bar for a static ip-Adress
3. start the device eth0. (You youse now the static IP-Adress from bar)
4. Shutdown eth0 and swicht with neat to profile foo
5. start eth0. (You youse now the static IP-Adress from bar not the dhcp from foo)
6. change the Properties from foo to dhcp
7. start eth0 (You use now dhcp)
8. Shutdown eth0 and swicht with neat to profile bar
9. start eth0. (now you use in profile bar also dhcp)
How to use profiles:
I just taken Fedora, create devices eth0_dhcp and eth0_home (poiting
to same eth0 device and active in different profiles - Office and
Home). I studied the document network-profiles.html. And having
problem with dhcp profile. The problem is that eth0_dhcp is described
in ifcfg-eth0_dhcp (which is ok) but dhcpclient-client wants the file
ifcfg-eth0 which simply does not exist in my system (it uses $DEVICE
variable which points to eth0, not eth0_dhcp).