Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 977461
PRD34 - [RFE] Even Distribution Policy by number of VMs
Last modified: 2016-02-10 15:18:12 EST
1. Customer Name A. Richard Davis - PGDS UK Ltd
2. What is the nature and description of the request?
I would like the Even Distribution Policy to allow us to evenly distribute VM's not only by overall load but also by numbers of VM's on each hypervisor.
3. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
A majority of our VM's are very small and mostly inactive in terms of load. This means we can potentially have a large proportion of our estate running on one or two hypervisors of the 10 or 12 available. This is obviously not a good thing in terms of high availability (i.e one hypervisor failure could expose 50% of our estate to fail)
4. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
An additional option in the Even Distribution Policy for numbers of VM's per hypervisor within the load policy
5. For each functional requirement listed in question 4, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
No idea. They are all private.
7. How quickly does this need resolved? (desired target release)
8. List the affected packages
Sorry - No idea
9. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
3.3 is planned to allow writing pluggable schedulers, which may be the way for such a request to be fulfilled
Verified on av5
Tcms Run https://tcms.engineering.redhat.com/run/124856/
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.