Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 977739
jetty: incorrect license tag
Last modified: 2013-06-26 01:20:35 EDT
Description of problem:
jetty-util contains file licensed under MIT-like license.
Above mentioned file contains following header:
* @(#)UnixCrypt.java 0.9 96/11/25
* Copyright (c) 1996 Aki Yoshida. All rights reserved.
* Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software
* for non-commercial or commercial purposes and without fee is
* hereby granted provided that this copyright notice appears in
* all copies.
Could someone please check whether this license is OK for Fedora? I am not quite sure about "for non-commercial or commercial purposes *and without fee*" part.
Yeah, this is fine. Badly worded, but the intent is clear. Use MIT as the License tag.
Thanks for clarification. I have noticed that jetty-util contains another MIT licensed file and license tag for this particular subpackage is correct. Rest of the project is ASL 2.0 or EPL licensed. Closing this as NOTABUG.