Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 97777
installing mplayer for Shrike from freshrpms causes odd errors
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:54:56 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030613
Description of problem:
While installing mplayer downloaded from the URL above (I have all dependencies
installed, but the problem seems to occur with --nodeps too), rpm prints an odd
message like this:
error: rpmdbAdd: skipping h# 1497 Header V3 DSA signature: BAD, key ID e42d547b
The package is installed, but it's not added to the database:
$ rpm -q mplayer
if I try to install it again, I get the same error message (sometimes with a
different number instead of 1497), but it also says:
warning: /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf saved as /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf.rpmorig
So I figured I could try to rebuild the database and see if it fixed the
problem. It printed this message:
error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h# 1502 Header V3 DSA signature: BAD, key
and didn't fix the problem. Suggestions?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
2.Install mplayer with --nodeps (and --nosignature, to avoid the message)
3.Note that it's not reported as installed, even though the files are there
4.Install it again
5.Rebuild the database
Actual Results: The error remains
Expected Results: Even if the RPM binary is actually broken (I don't know that
it is, it works perfectly well on Shrike), rpm's behavior is still
inappropriate. If installation fails, files shouldn't be left behind. If it
succeeds, the database should reflect the success.
Well, I've just gotten the problem when trying to downgrade to the Shrike
package on my Rawhide system. The strange part is that "rpm -q mplayer" returns
nothing, and same for "rpm -e mplayer", which should return "package not
installed" or something.
That mplayer package was built and signed on a fully updated Shrike system,
using rpm 4.2-0.69.
Fixed (by replaceing modulo inverse for DSA) in beecrypt-3.0.0-2.
Warren: there are updated beecrypt-3.0.0-2.fdr.1 packages at
Confirmed fixed with beecrypt-3.0.0-2