Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 978547
Test case failure: Video Playback
Last modified: 2014-06-25 17:06:33 EDT
Filed from caserun https://tcms.engineering.redhat.com/run/67394/#caserun_2727320
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open a terminal
2. Execute xvinfo
3. Open Totem
4. Select the "Movie" menu
5. Select "Open Location..."
6. In the "Open Location" dialog, enter the following URL: http://
7. Select "Open"
8. Press "F" to enter fullscreen mode
9. Press "F" again to exit fullscreen mode
Video plays fine but each when totem is started it says "Internal GStreamer error: state change failed. Please file a bug at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer."
Not sure how to extract additional debug information.
2. That the output lists at least one adapter (unless you are using
the vesa or vnc drivers)
7. That the video plays back smoothly
8. That the video enters fullscreen mode and continues to play
9. That the video exits fullscreen mode and continues to play smoothly
Note: Machine has no audio interfaces.
What version of Totem is this? What changed from the previous RHEL 5 release? Did GStreamer get upgraded?
What versions of GStreamer and plugins?
I had an install of 5.0 on hand and the message doesn't appear there. 5.0 had:
Can you please test with the newer totem but the older gstreamer and gstreamer plugins? I don't think the problem is in totem...
On 5.0 with
Still no error.
This bug/component is not included in scope for RHEL-5.11.0 which is the last RHEL5 minor release. This Bugzilla will soon be CLOSED as WONTFIX (at the end of RHEL5.11 development phase (Apr 22, 2014)). Please contact your account manager or support representative in case you need to escalate this bug.
No need to escalate.
Ok, closing WONTFIX for RHEL 5, thanks for reply.