Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 980215
simplified Chinese formal digit for six (liu, 4th tone) not available.
Last modified: 2013-11-10 01:55:36 EST
Description of problem:
(note: I had to use windows to submit this bug,)
Most of the simplified Chinese (简体) digits have both a common, everyday, simple, easy to alter, easy to forge character and a more complicated, harder to alter, harder to forge character. Examples:
0 零 零 (no difference in this case)
1 一 壹
2 二 贰
3 三 叁
4 四 泗
5 五 伍
6 六 陆
7 七 柒
8 八 捌
9 九 玖
I can't find the more complicated 简体 character '陆' (6, pinyin spelling "liu" with a 4th tone) in ibus in Linux.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
I last updated my Fedora-18 system on Tuesday, June 25, 2013, and I always update everything. So whatever version of ibus was current that evening, that's what I have.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open a new file in a terminal window, LibreOffice, etc.
2. Activate ibus.
3. Enter "liu". Look for the character '陆' in the ibus list (menu) of characters that match the pinyin "liu".
The character is not found.
The character should be found.
* I tried this in Gnome only.
* I tried this with simplified Chinese (简体) only, not traditional Chinese (繁体).
* The other formal simplified Chinese digits are available, only the one for 6 is missing.
* The common simplified Chinese digit for 6 ('六') is available.
Thanks for the report.
Please try to input "i 6" or "lu" to temporally work around this problem.
or try ibus-libpinyin to import "liu 陆" by yourself.
I will investigate it soon.
libpinyin-0.9.94-1.fc20 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 20.
libpinyin-0.9.94-1.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 20 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing libpinyin-0.9.94-1.fc20'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
libpinyin-0.9.94-1.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
I downloaded and tested the fix. It works as it should. Thank-you!
libpinyin-0.9.94-1.fc20 has been pushed to the Fedora 20 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.