Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 980711
[RFE]the priority box should be shown always
Last modified: 2018-02-05 19:41:31 EST
Created attachment 768087 [details]
screenshot1 for comment0
Description of problem:
the priority box was not shown again.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
beaker-devel Version - 0.13.1
Steps to Reproduce:
1. submit a new job.
2. visit the job page at once.
3. refresh the page and check the priority box.
1. at beginning there is a priority box beside 'RecipeSet ID', see attachment1 [details].
2. several seconds later, the priority box was not shown again, see attachment2 [details].
hope to see the priority all the time.
Created attachment 768088 [details]
screenshot2 for comment0
This is a feature, not a Bug. Once the recipeset is running the priority is no longer relevant.
hi, I changed the summary to 'RFE', because:
1. the priority is an attribute, it could be set before running, and also could be seen when running.
2. now the priority could be changed by schedual automatically in some conditions, so the priority should be displayed so that user could see it easily, or else user only could see the priority on the cloning page(these days I checked the priority by cloning all the time, and not clear why it disappeared when running, it also could be displayed as long as it cannot be changed)
The priority button disappears once the recipe moves on to Installing. Buttons should never disappear based on state.
(In reply to Roman Joost from comment #7)
> The priority button disappears once the recipe moves on to Installing.
> Buttons should never disappear based on state.
Should the priority of a recipeset be changeable during the installation state or any state for that matter?
Maybe that is the reason that it needs disappear during certain states?
(In reply to sratnam from comment #8)
Right. Once the recipe is Scheduled, it no longer makes sense to change the priority because it's not in the queue anymore, the priority has no effect.
So that's why currently the button just disappears. The problem here is there is no way to know what the priority *was* after the button has disappeared, because the priority is not shown anywhere else.
(Also the button disappearing based on state is violating our own UI guidelines which say not to do that, because it can cause confusion, just like this bug.)
However we *do* need to make sure the UI reflects the fact that the priority cannot be changed after the recipe set is Scheduled. At that point we should be showing the priority but not letting the user change it.
So I think we need to do two things:
* make the Priority button always present, regardless of the state
* once a recipe set is Scheduled the priority modal needs to change to a read-only view of some sort
One option for making the priority modal read-only would be to just keep the existing button group and set disabled="disabled" on the buttons. Maybe also on the "Save Changes" button. But I'm not sure how that will look -- it might be too difficult to see what the priority was set to in that case. So we might need to come up with something different.
Beaker 24.0 has been released.