Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 981948
[RFE] Consider to provide a vdsm-machine-clean-up utility to avoid undesirable behaviour after vdsm installation.
Last modified: 2016-04-18 02:55:48 EDT
Description of problem:
in 3.3 the vdsm-host is being added to the engine without rebooting after the installation is done.
This behaviour introduces some issues specially when the vdsm-host is being reused by many engines (our qe-env(Jenkins)).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce for example:
1. setup an engine and add host
2. create vms in up state
3. add the host to different engine
The host will be added, however:
1. qemu processes will stay up
2. iscsis sessions are still "logged in"
3. old cache under /rhev
4. old vgs
5. need to dmsetup remove all
6. maube running tasks "vdsClient Tasks clean"
7. we mau need umount iso/export???
8. restart libvirt
9. restart rpcbind service
host is up and clean and devoted to the new engine with no dirty remains
Closing old bugs. If this issue is still relevant/important in current version, please re-open the bug.