Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 982216
"Pack [Name: Quickstarts and Index: 11] must be installed because it is required!" message during auto.xml installation
Last modified: 2014-09-03 00:57:16 EDT
Description of problem:
There is message:
Pack [Name: Quickstarts and Index: 11] must be installed because it is required!
during installation via auto.xml when no quickstarts are installed.
Installation of quickstarts is not required.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
EAP 6.1.1 ER2
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install EAP, choose not to install quickstarts, generate auto.xml at the end of installation
2. uninstall EAP
3. install it again using auto.xml generated before
- "Pack [Name: Quickstarts and Index: 11] must be installed because it is required!" message is shown during installation
- no quickstarts are installed (that is good :)).
- "Pack [Name: Quickstarts and Index: 11] removed from selection." message is shown as it is with other excluded components.
I have fixed the above issue by implementing two changes:
1. The quickstart package is no longer marked 'required' in core-packs.xml.
2. Added a "selectable" attribute to core-packs pack elements. If this attribute is present and set to "false", it prevents the user from manually adding/removing the pack to the installation files in the TreePack panel. This new attribute should be used when the pack can should only be added/removed via conditions in other panels, but not in the TreePackPanel as is the case with Quickstarts.
See these commits for details:
Verified on EAP 6.1.1 ER3. Installer is now acting as Francisco described.