From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20021003
Description of problem:
After use rhn_network for
savage drive have some bug !
hangs system when running xine with xvideo
gives this new warning is log:
Symbol xf86InterpretEDID from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvbe.a is unresolved!
tim Roberts patch doens works
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
You state "savage drive have the same bug", but same as what? That doesn't
make much sense unless qualified with what it is the same as.
Not sure why you claim this is a bug in XFree86-libs as video drivers are
part of the X server and have nothing to do with the client libraries.
>tim Roberts patch doens works
Not sure what patch you're refering to, but if Tim Roberts has released a
patch and you've applied it and recompiled X, that is unsupported by us, and
you'll have to contact the XFree86 mailing list for help with the unsupported
modifications/customizations that you've made.
Please clarify your bug report, and as with all X bug reports, attach your
X server log and config file as individual uncompressed file attachments
using bugzilla's file attachment feature.
1. with Tim Robert's drive, xv works beautifully.
2. in previous version of X, without Tim Robert's drive, the system hangs when
running xine with xvideo.
3. this in a known bug in X and s3_savage drive, that was fixed in version 1.2.27t.
4. Security Advisory - RHSA-2003:066-13 claims:
- Savage driver updated to Tim Roberts' latest version 1.1.27t
so the X bug should be fixed but it isn't.
thanks in advance.
5. in /var/log/XFree86.0.log
appears this new warning:
Symbol xf86InterpretEDID from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvbe.a is
I don't know if it help anything .
6. about "Not sure why you claim this is a bug in XFree86-libs as video drivers
are part of the X server and have nothing to do with the client libraries".
so is a bug in X servers component?
i am sure the bug is in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/savage_drv.o
7. I can work around the bug, overwrite again xf42sav-27t.tgz from Tim Robert's
but with original rpm from redhat the system hangs or freeze totally in xine
with xvideo mode with any release of xine.
I will attach XFree86.0.log
Created attachment 92664 [details]
this problem is already resolved in early versions can be closed.
Now I am testing DRI for savage and its works quite fine.