Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 982354
Need an easier way to compare the Oscap scan ID
Last modified: 2016-07-03 20:57:49 EDT
Description of problem:
We cannot easily get the scan id (xid) on the page. Currently, if I have a long list of audit report, and I want to compare two reports I have to perform a number of steps listed below
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open the list of audit reports for a specific host
2. Click to open one report, then select "diff to previous"
3. Here I can see the xid, so in this case, we can compare xid 64 against xid 63
4. If we want to compare xid 64 (the latest) one of the reports that has the highest number of successes:
a) go back to the list of reports for the host
b) count from top sequentially down to the one I want, note the number and hope I done my count correctly, then
c) Audit --> XCCDF --> then enter the two scan ID and submit
Can we have another "xid" column alongside with "Xccdf Test Result"?
Just a note: The scan's ID is often part of URL, thus its not hidden.
There are two improvements made:
(1) The scan's details page shows scan's ID (xid) in the table
(2) On the page listing all scans per given system, the lines of
the table are now selectable and there is a button called
[ Compare Selected Scans ]. That enables user to select two
arbitrary scans by checkboxes and compare then easily.
two more minor minor issues ...
9094fdbe (removing unnecessary cast)
c566119b (removing unnecessarily nested else clause)
Satellite 5.6 has been released. This bug was tracked under the release.
This bug was either VERIFIED or RELEASE_PENDING (re-verified prior shortly
Moving to CLOSED CURRENT_RELEASE.
Text from Upgrade Erratum follows:
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.