Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 982543
inconsistent display of days in TasksList > Month view
Last modified: 2014-08-06 16:12:19 EDT
Created attachment 770868 [details]
Missing days in calendar view
Description of problem:
When using Month view of Tasks list, most of the months have all the days alligned in 7 (days) x 5 (weeks) grid. The grid is filled with days of previous/following months if the grid is not completely filled with the days of current month.
However for some months, the grid is not correctly filled with days from the next month. Also in some months there are some days completely missing.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Always in my environment (Firefox 22 / Fedora 19)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Tasks > Tasks List, select Month view
2. click through the months, and notice the discrepancies
March (2014) - is missing the whole 5 days from Monday 24 till Friday 28 (similarly there seems to be the problem for all the Marches - probably because of 28/29 day February preceeds this month)
October (2013) - contains only 2 days of following month - 1 day is missing to
complete the grid
February (2013) - contains NO days of following month - 3 day are missing to complete the grid
-All days of selected month should be displayed (see the case of March)
-when days of following/previous month are used to complete the 5x7 grid the grid should be filled in completely or none at all for all months (no days from next month should be used) to ensure consistent display
Edit: Actually the reportedly missing days of March are not missing, but they are displayed out of order (in the "first week" of the calendar).
Also important to notice is that grid 5x7 is not large enough to display all days of all possible months. e.g. take a month that starts on saturday and has 31 days -> it spans 6 weeks - for example try to display July 2017. As it is, the 31th of July is not displayed in the Month view.
This issue was partially fixed. Now all the months are displayed correctly except march 2014. I'm suspecting about the Locale Timezones, but I will dig deeper to find what is going on with that particular month
fixed in master -> https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm-console-ng/commit/c023f2560f2fea7540eed8e72572631e1732ad1e
The issue with missing days is fixed, but new issue has been introduced by these fixes : now it can happen, that the entire month January gets skipped when navigating through months using next/today/previous buttons.
Please follow these steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Go to Task list, add 1 task using New Task button
2) Switch to view Month/Active
3) Using calendar navigation button ">" (next to Today button) navigate to January 14
4) Click ">" again - February is not displayed - instead the app skips to March 14
5) You can observe similar issue when returning back to February 13 - although for this month it is actually present then I scroll back (using "<" I see: March 13 - February 13 - January 13, then I go forward ">" and February 13 is skipped, instead I go to March 13 directly)
Thanks to Petr Siroky !
Verified with BPMS 6.0.0.ER2