Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 983644
Adding Graph to Monitoring->Metrics Fails
Last modified: 2014-01-02 15:34:27 EST
Description of problem:
When attempting to add a graph of the metric "Total Number of Commands Received" for my RHQ Agent, the graph fails to show up, even though the metric is being collected.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to JBoss Operations Network
2. Ensure you have added an RHQ Agent to your monitored resources.
3. Navigate to Inventory > Servers and click RHQ Agent
4. On the RHQ Agent page, navgate to Monitoring > Schedules
5. Enable Total Number of Commands Received and set collection interval to 1 minute.
6. Navigate to Monitoring > Graphs
7. In the left column of the UI, right-click RHQ Agent, and select Measurements > Total Number of Commands Received > Add Graph to Monitor View
No graph is added to the display.
Graph of Total Number of Commands Received should appear at the bottom of the displayed graphs.
Adding the graph to the charts works in 3.2 alpha (= current master)
But each time I add a chart like this I see this error in the console log:
12:24:49,860 ERROR [org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor] (http-/0.0.0.0:7080-5) Invalid path was requested /resource/common/monitor/visibility/IndicatorCharts
12:53:50,945 ERROR [org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor] (http-/0.0.0.0:7080-1) Invalid path was requested /resource/common/monitor/visibility/IndicatorCharts
I see two references to that
This is no longer applicable, because the graphs page has been merged with metrics page and all enabled metrics are always shown on that page.
as mentioned in comment #2, graphs are visible in metrics page (even though "add graph to monitor view" is still visible)
Added BZ 1035501 to handle the removal of 'Add Graph to Monitor View' Menu Item in Resource Tree.