Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 985746
RFE: JDG Use Cases
Last modified: 2018-01-29 20:42:26 EST
Adding Mandar to this bug to assist Bob with Use Case development.
Use case(s) need to be included in the Beta version of the 6.2 documentation. The first draft for this bug is due Sep 12.
Looks like a good first draft to me, Bob. I've asked Gemma to have a look and provide any feedback she can think of.
Gemma and I have added some minor feedback to the etherpad. For a second draft, please improve the following:
* Sentence length - most of the sentences run on, and should be shortened for clarity and conciseness.
* Crisp editing - I have struck through several examples of unnecessary words. Words that contribute only to the length of a sentence, as opposed to contributing to the meaning or clarity, should be removed.
Please focus on the above in your second draft. Additionally, this task must remain on assigned until the final draft, so I'm setting this back to ASSIGNED.
Second complete edit due on 17 Sep.
Please review the use case topic. The headings should be in headers, formalpara or other, not paras. The chunks of text need to be broken down into more manageable paragraphs. Please review and improve the content.
Use case extract sent to Zac Dover for review.
Looks OK for this iteration. Please update this to the relevant books and add a new revision.
Bobb, this looks OK content-wise but the format you have used looks odd.
Please use formalparas instead since this is the way to present definitions, not a use case.
<title>The Situation/Business challenge</title>
Have a try playing with formal paras today. Use the docbook reference to figure out how to use it and if you are stuck after some attempts, ask me or Gemma how to use them.
When you are done and it successfully builds, add a revision history.
This content is available on:
Reopening this bug. We need a newer use case that uses the 6.2 features. Bobb will develop this, and Divya will identify which features specifically he would like the use case to be about.
Received the following specific JDG 6.2 features from Divya:
> Querying ( Very important)
> C++ HR client
> fast file cache store
-Requested Tristan to provide info on the features.
-Tristan provided point of contact for the features.
- SMEs identified. Gathering information.
- Received some info from Adrian Nistor for "Querying"
- Processing Adrian's info
- gathering info
- Compiling info in ePad
- Communicated with Galder for "fast file cache store"
- Received some bits.
- Researching this feature in Infinispan user guide
- Researched remote querying
- Discussion with Sanne on a use case scenario
- Sanne suggested use case scenario - Telecom billing
- Sanne pointed out "Embedded Querying" mode has more features.
- Communicated with Divya for specific Querying
- Divya mentioned "Embedded Querying"
- Requested Bhupesh Arya (Solutions Architect) for use case scenarios
- Emailed Sanne for more on "Embedded querying" and a scenario.
Use case draft development due Friday, Feb 14, 2014.
Created rough JDG use case ideas on Etherpad. SME inputs and feedback on each use case needed.
Drafts Edited. Added Company rqmnts, Problem, JDG feature, JDG feature benefit.
Discussion with Divya over JDG 6.3 features.
Divya suggested to combine 6.2 and 6.3 feature sets in the use cases.
JDG 6.3 "security" features to be used:
JDG 6.2 features to be used:
Embedded Querying (including remote querying)
Cross data center replication
Java and C++ Hot Rod clients (Compatibility mode)
Implemented Romain's feedback on Embedded querying and SFCS drafts
Emailed revised Embedded Querying and SCFS drafts to Sanne and Galder for feedback
Consolidated JDG security 6.2 use case outline
Suspending development of JDG 6.3 security use cases. Development of JDG 6.3 security feature documentation is a priority. The JDG security use case stories in 6.3 PRD can be added in the feature documentation section.
SCFC use case draft approved by Galder
Reminded Sanne to review embedded querying draft and copied Divya
This bug was accidentally moved from POST to MODIFIED via an error in automation, please see firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions