Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 986483
java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to org.drools.spi.Activation when used incremental kAgent + accumulate
Last modified: 2013-09-20 04:52:37 EDT
Created attachment 775980 [details]
Description of problem:
When used accumulate and incremental changes from the kagent (drools.agent.newInstance as false)the exception below is throwed:
Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.ClassCastException:
java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to org.drools.spi.Activation
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Running the unit test attached.
Rules firing as expected without exceptions
Davide Sottara <firstname.lastname@example.org> made a comment on jira DROOLS-197
no CCE with 5.6
Lukas, Alessandro, what is the context for this ticket? Is it for 5.3.x or 6.x? If it is for 5, was it reported by a customer and we need to backport the fixes?
Just trying to understand what needs to be done here.
Just got the e-mail from Alessandro:
They should be part of the Roll Up Patch BRMS_5.3.1_3_2013 -
BZs to it should be added and committed until 09/Aug (3 weeks) - after
that is started the productisation work. So an ETA to get it fixed is
I ran the provided unit test on the 5.3.x branch twice doing 1000+ cycles for each run but I couldn't reproduce this issue, so I am assuming the fix has been already backported.
I have reproduced the same exception with BRMS.5.3.1-P4 using the unit test by Alessandro. I ran it as a stand-alone test (I did not run it as a part of Drools or BRMS test suite, I had difficulties to reproduce it when running it in the test suite, although I do not understand how this could affect the reproducability).
I have created a simple Maven project containing the reproducer by Alessandro.
You should be able to reproduce the problem by running 'mvn clean test' in the unzipped project.
Created attachment 797206 [details]
Maven project with Alessandro's reproducer
Mario Fusco <email@example.com> updated the status of jira DROOLS-197 to Resolved
I tried Marek's test project against both the patch and 5.3.x snapshot, but I couldn't reproduce this problem.
Sorry, I can actually reproduce this problem. I just didn't realize that the provide test case doesn't fail but just logs the exception stack trace. Investigating ...
Fixed by https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/commit/f6b68f5cb#L1L492
Verified on 5.3.1.BRMS-P04.