Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 988365
[RFE] v2 metering API improvements
Last modified: 2016-04-26 12:15:57 EDT
The v2 requires some improvements to respond to a more advanced style of query:
* addition of group-by operations
* usage of a resource that lasted more than some threshold duration
* usage of a resource over a duration, listing changes by increment of X volume over a period of Y time
* better statistics aggregation (Deviation, Median, Variation, Distribution, Slope, etc...)
* support for API extensions
Upstream blueprints: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/api-group-by , https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/api-v2-improvement , https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/ceilometer-api-extensions
Of the upstream blueprints linked to this BZ:
1. api-group-by - implemented in Havana
2. api-v2-improvement - the key aspects were implemented in Icehouse by the following:
3. ceilometer-api-extensions - this has not achieved traction upstream and is not likely to be implemented.
Key aspects already implemented in icehouse, api-extensions are never going to happen.