Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 990059
Strange behavior when trying to add VM without existing data domain
Last modified: 2015-09-22 09:09 EDT
Description of problem:
When trying to add a VM, while there's not existing data domain, the dialog opens as usual but:
* The cluster and template UI fields remain empty.
* Nothing happens when pressing the arrow on the corresponding list box.
* The UI doesn't autocomplete text input by the user.
* If some text is input and OK is pressed, the GUI complains that they are empty even if there's text in them.
The real problem is, that none of these gives any hint as to the real reason that nothing works, that is that there's no data domain configured. Maybe it would be best if the dialog failed to open with a message explaining the reason? Or the button being disabled with an explanation?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Working on oVirt 3.3 master branch.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Take clean environment.
2. Add host (probably same behavior without adding host).
3. Go the VMs tab and press "New VM".
Strange behavior that doesn't give a hint as to the real cause.
Some explanation related to the data domain.
Varified on rhevm 3.3, is15.
when trying to add vm while there is no data center and also when there is no host, the dialog opens with all fields unavailable and a message writen at the bottom:
Not available when no Data Center is up.
Closing - RHEV 3.3 Released