-->I noticed the date was wrong (Probably not a RedHat problem):
[root@edsm_www employees]# date
Sat Mar 4 19:17:57 EST 2000
-->So I tried to set it (and got it wrong again):
[root@edsm_www employees]# date 030419192000
Sat Mar 4 19:19:00 EST 2000
--> Then I wondered what rcs had been thinking:
head -2 findspe.cgi
#!/usr/bin/perl -T -w
# $Id: findspe.cgi,v 1.6 2000/03/05 00:17:05 root Exp root $
-->Huh! It was storing 3/5? And what's with the time? (I was just editing
-->Well -- let's fix the date properly and see what happens...
root@edsm_www employees]# date 030319382000
Fri Mar 3 19:38:00 EST 2000
[root@edsm_www employees]# co -l findspe.cgi
RCS/findspe.cgi,v --> findspe.cgi
revision 1.6 (locked)
[root@edsm_www employees]# vi findspe.cgi
[root@edsm_www employees]# ci -u findspe.cgi
RCS/findspe.cgi,v <-- findspe.cgi
ci: RCS/findspe.cgi,v: Date 2000/03/04 00:38:31 precedes 2000/03/05
00:17:05 in revision 1.6.
-->Well, I suppose rcs is doing what it's supposed to in detecting that the
-->date sequence is backwards... but it's STILL off by a day! And the
-->time is still strange too.
I can't reproduce this problem.
First, rcs uses UTC within $Id$, so that explains the time difference. You
checked in with the system time a day off, that explains the failed sanity
check (just edit the ,v file to fix).
I do not see any sign of a Y2K problem either with the year or leap day.