Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 996175
Database driver configured during the installation process is not used for existing datasources
Last modified: 2014-02-06 10:29:27 EST
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install SOA 6.0.0.ER1 using installer
2. In post-installation configuration of the installer create a new datasource (e.g. with connection to Mysql database) with appropriate jdbc driver.
3. Finish installer
* New datasource along with appropriate driver is created in standalone.xml, however the existing datasources (jbpmDS, OverlordRTgov ds, ...) still use the default H2 database.
* After explicitly configuring a new database driver in the installer, this database driver should be used for existing datasources as well.
* We can consider creating a checkbox in the installer GUI so users can decide.
The scripts now exist, and the chosen JDBC driver will be put into the existing datasources through the corresponding *.properties file.
Verified in FSW 6.0.0.ER3.
However, datasources are updated to use the new database driver, credentials remains the same which won't be correct until someone creates new users in its DB with exact the same credentials as the installer script specified.
Moreover, URL of the jBPM DS is not updated: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1011494