Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 999937
lzma partially obsolete -> revisit packaging
Last modified: 2015-01-11 04:48:28 EST
Created attachment 789165 [details]
proposed spec file changes
The situation is as follows:
* lzma < 5.1.2 is obsoleted by xz-lzma-compat (from src.rpm xz).
* Only lzma-libs and lzma-devel remain. zlma-devel and -libs are used by "scotch".
# repoquery --whatrequires lzma-libs
* A few packages require "lzma". Since it's replaced, xz-lzma-compat will be used instead, however.
# repoquery --whatrequires lzma
* LZMA Utils 4.32.7 was released on 2008-07-30. Due to the Obsoletes < 5.1.2, it cannot become installable as package "lzma" unless there were a release >= 5.1.2.
* XZ Utils are the successor to LZMA Utils.
It doesn't make much sense to build the base "lzma" package anymore.
This message is a notice that Fedora 19 is now at end of life. Fedora
has stopped maintaining and issuing updates for Fedora 19. It is
Fedora's policy to close all bug reports from releases that are no
longer maintained. Approximately 4 (four) weeks from now this bug will
be closed as EOL if it remains open with a Fedora 'version' of '19'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version.
Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that we were not
able to fix it before Fedora 19 is end of life. If you would still like
to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it against a later version
of Fedora, you are encouraged change the 'version' to a later Fedora
version prior this bug is closed as described in the policy above.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.