Spec URL: http://matrix.senecac.on.ca/~scarter4/epigrafica-fonts.spec
SRPM URL: http://matrix.senecac.on.ca/~scarter4/epigrafica-fonts-1.01-1.fc9.src.rpm
Description: A font family based on the Optima designs by HermannZapf, made by the Department of Mathematics of the University of the Aegean.
This is my first package to be reviewed, and I am looking for a sponser. Any feedback is most definitely welcome!
Some feedback (not a real complete review yet, you have some rework to do first)
1. your packaging is based on the templates we used 2/3 months ago. Since then a major new version has been approved. You need to read the current version of http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:FontsPolicy and adapt to it
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:FontsPolicy#Technical_implementation but do read the rest, it has changed and been clarified too)
The policy changes have been made to simplify packaging, trying to minimize the work needed to adapt current packages, so it should not be too hard for you.
2. your summary is not very informative
3. URL needs to be the font project homepage, your chosen URL is not really useful in a browser
4. since this entity creates other fonts, a foundry prefix would be a good idea in the naming (for example aegean)
5. since this you know this font is a cosmetica fork, which is itself an optima fork, you need to tell this to fontconfig via some substitution rules. fontpackages-devel has some templates you can follow to do this easily
6. since we've considerably simplified fonts packaging lately, we require at least *two* clean font package submissions before sponsoring someone. So you'll need another submission for this one to succeed.
My second font submission can be found here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=485542 . I will be cleaning up this one and uploading fresh packages very soon.
Whoops! I didn't notice that someone else had already started working on packaging this font, and I opened my own review request (492900). If you still want to maintain this, I will close mine out, please let me know.
(In reply to comment #3)
> Whoops! I didn't notice that someone else had already started working on
> packaging this font, and I opened my own review request (492900). If you still
> want to maintain this, I will close mine out, please let me know.
Yes, I'm still going to maintain this one. :)
*** Bug 492900 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I have been in touch with Stephen Carter by email and he has confirmed that he will not be completing this package. I'm going to try to close this bug in accordance with the Package maintainer policy on the wiki.