Bug 1115152

Summary: Cannot edit or create block storage domain when using jsonrpc
Product: [Retired] oVirt Reporter: Nir Soffer <nsoffer>
Component: vdsm-jsonrpc-javaAssignee: Piotr Kliczewski <pkliczew>
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE QA Contact: Petr Kubica <pkubica>
Severity: urgent Docs Contact:
Priority: unspecified    
Version: 3.5CC: amureini, bazulay, bugs, gklein, iheim, mgoldboi, nsoffer, oourfali, pkliczew, rbalakri, smizrahi, yeylon
Target Milestone: ---Keywords: Reopened
Target Release: 3.5.0   
Hardware: Unspecified   
OS: Unspecified   
Whiteboard: infra
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2014-10-17 12:32:53 UTC Type: Bug
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: Infra RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: --- Target Upstream Version:
Bug Depends On:    
Bug Blocks: 1073943    
Attachments:
Description Flags
engine log
none
vdsm log
none
engine log from test day 2
none
vdsm log from test day 2 none

Description Nir Soffer 2014-07-01 17:43:28 UTC
Description of problem:

When using jsonrpc creating new storage domain or editing one is not possible, because getDeviceList response is cannot be parsed.

On the engine side, we see this failure:

2014-07-01 20:23:12,194 WARN  [org.ovirt.vdsm.jsonrpc.client.internal.ResponseWorker] (ResponseWorker) Exception thrown during message processing: org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException: Unexpected end-of-input within/between OBJECT entries

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
vdsm-4.16.0-28.git981aad7.fc19.x86_64
3.5.0-0.0.master.20140630172346.git994996b.fc19

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce - 1:
1. Click "New Domain"
2. Select Data/iSCSI
3. Wait forever

Steps to Reproduce - 2:
1. Select a domain in the storage tab
2. Click "Edit"
3. Wait forever

Comment 1 Nir Soffer 2014-07-01 17:52:25 UTC
This may be vdsm or jsonrpc-java bug - lets check first that vdsm is returning correct response, if it does, the component should change to jsonrpc-java.

Comment 2 Nir Soffer 2014-07-01 17:53:03 UTC
Created attachment 913842 [details]
engine log

Comment 3 Nir Soffer 2014-07-01 17:54:18 UTC
Created attachment 913843 [details]
vdsm log

Comment 4 Piotr Kliczewski 2014-07-02 14:29:56 UTC
I tried to recreate issue with the latest engine and vdsm. 

1. Configured iscsi target on my f20 by using: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Scsi-target-utils_Quickstart_Guide
2. Added host with jsonrpc
3. Added new domain  Data/ISCSI
4. Selected a domain in the storage tab

I can see it working without any exceptions. Can you please retest with the latest and give access to environment if it still fails?

Comment 5 Nir Soffer 2014-07-02 14:37:33 UTC
It works for you becasue you have one domain. Here I have 30 storage domains, which creates bigger input as you can see in vdsm and engine log attached.

Comment 6 Nir Soffer 2014-07-03 14:23:10 UTC
Note that patch mention working without ssl but my system are using ssl.

Comment 7 Piotr Kliczewski 2014-07-03 14:52:37 UTC
Correct but the issue is related as it is marked in commit message.

Comment 8 Nir Soffer 2014-07-29 23:15:55 UTC
I tested this again with version oVirt Engine Version: 3.5.0-0.0.master.20140722232056.git8e1babc.fc19 and getDeviceList still broken.

See new vdsm and engine logs.

Comment 9 Nir Soffer 2014-07-29 23:23:24 UTC
Created attachment 922387 [details]
engine log from test day 2

Comment 10 Nir Soffer 2014-07-29 23:24:12 UTC
Created attachment 922388 [details]
vdsm log from test day 2

Comment 11 Allon Mureinik 2014-07-30 06:32:29 UTC
(In reply to Nir Soffer from comment #8)
> I tested this again with version oVirt Engine Version:
> 3.5.0-0.0.master.20140722232056.git8e1babc.fc19 and getDeviceList still
> broken.
> 
> See new vdsm and engine logs.
Moving back to assigned based on this comment.

Comment 12 Piotr Kliczewski 2014-07-30 09:13:07 UTC
The issue exists only for encrypted communication.

Comment 13 Sandro Bonazzola 2014-10-17 12:32:53 UTC
oVirt 3.5 has been released and should include the fix for this issue.