Description of problem:
When using jsonrpc creating new storage domain or editing one is not possible, because getDeviceList response is cannot be parsed.
On the engine side, we see this failure:
2014-07-01 20:23:12,194 WARN [org.ovirt.vdsm.jsonrpc.client.internal.ResponseWorker] (ResponseWorker) Exception thrown during message processing: org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException: Unexpected end-of-input within/between OBJECT entries
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce - 1:
1. Click "New Domain"
2. Select Data/iSCSI
3. Wait forever
Steps to Reproduce - 2:
1. Select a domain in the storage tab
2. Click "Edit"
3. Wait forever
This may be vdsm or jsonrpc-java bug - lets check first that vdsm is returning correct response, if it does, the component should change to jsonrpc-java.
Created attachment 913842 [details]
Created attachment 913843 [details]
I tried to recreate issue with the latest engine and vdsm.
1. Configured iscsi target on my f20 by using: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Scsi-target-utils_Quickstart_Guide
2. Added host with jsonrpc
3. Added new domain Data/ISCSI
4. Selected a domain in the storage tab
I can see it working without any exceptions. Can you please retest with the latest and give access to environment if it still fails?
It works for you becasue you have one domain. Here I have 30 storage domains, which creates bigger input as you can see in vdsm and engine log attached.
Note that patch mention working without ssl but my system are using ssl.
Correct but the issue is related as it is marked in commit message.
I tested this again with version oVirt Engine Version: 3.5.0-0.0.master.20140722232056.git8e1babc.fc19 and getDeviceList still broken.
See new vdsm and engine logs.
Created attachment 922387 [details]
engine log from test day 2
Created attachment 922388 [details]
vdsm log from test day 2
(In reply to Nir Soffer from comment #8)
> I tested this again with version oVirt Engine Version:
> 3.5.0-0.0.master.20140722232056.git8e1babc.fc19 and getDeviceList still
> See new vdsm and engine logs.
Moving back to assigned based on this comment.
The issue exists only for encrypted communication.
oVirt 3.5 has been released and should include the fix for this issue.