This service will be undergoing maintenance at 00:00 UTC, 2016-08-01. It is expected to last about 1 hours

Bug 475975

Summary: Searching for packages doesn't work
Product: [Fedora] Fedora Reporter: Volans <volans2000>
Component: PackageKitAssignee: Richard Hughes <richard>
Status: CLOSED DUPLICATE QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance <extras-qa>
Severity: high Docs Contact:
Priority: low    
Version: 10CC: lmacken, rhughes, richard, robin.norwood, tuxbrewr
Target Milestone: ---   
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: i686   
OS: Linux   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-12-11 07:09:15 EST Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Attachments:
Description Flags
A screenshot of the error none

Description Volans 2008-12-11 06:57:07 EST
Created attachment 326607 [details]
A screenshot of the error

Description of problem:

I get an error everytime I submit a search for software in packageit.


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

gpk-application 0.3.9


How reproducible:

JUst try to search for some package using the GUI in Fedora 10

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open The "Add/Remove software" menu on "System -> Administration"
2. Type any name of program you want (can be anything meanless also).
3. Press "Find"

  
Actual results:

You get an error window saying "The search couldn't be completed"


Expected results:

An error window with the following text appears:

-------------------------------------

The search could not be completed

Running the transaction failed


failed to get a TID: A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transaction" member "SetLocale" error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.PackageKit") (0)


Additional info:

The application worked fine. I only noticed the error today, when I needed to install an application. I suspect it has something to do with the latest updates, some that I added 1 or 2 days ago...
Comment 1 Richard Hughes 2008-12-11 07:09:15 EST

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 475074 ***