Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1000070
Windows Setup creates a partition with filesystem errors using 0.1-65 drivers
Last modified: 2013-08-22 20:38:07 EDT
Description of problem:
When creating a partition using diskpart in Windows pe 6.1.7600 with the drivers from the 1.65 ISO integrated into the image using DISM diskpart always creates an NTFS filesystem that has errors. You must manually chkdsk /f the partition before Windows will install on the new partition.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
1. Integrate the Win7\AMD64 drivers from virtio-win-0.1-65.iso into a Windows PE image using DISM
2. Boot a VM from the WinPE ISO or via PXE
3. use diskpart to create a partition
4. Run chkdsk on the new partition (it will have FS errors)
5. Run chkdsk /f on the new partition (it will fix the FS errors)
Using the 0.1-65 drivers and creating a partition from Windows PE causes a partition with errors to be created.
A partition with no errors should be created.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 966861 ***