Description of problem:
When remote-viewer window is closed during copying of a large amount of data (e.g. contents of /usr/share/dict/words) from client to guest and reconnecting again, the copy-paste function stops working. Furthermore, clicking the left mouse button to call the context menu also no longer works.
Only restarting the vdagent service restores both functionalities.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Host/Client/Guest: RHEL 6.5 x86_64
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have a RHEL 6.5 guest with vdagent running
2. Copy a large amount of text from client to guest
3. During the process, disconnect by closing the remote-viewer window
4. Reconnect (no text should be pasted in guest)
5. Try pasting some text to the guest or calling any context menu (by clicking the left mouse button)
The copy-paste function no longer works and context menu doesn't show up.
Copy-paste works after reconnection and calling context menus works as expected.
Thanks for the bug-report. I've reproduced, debugged and wrote a fix for this.
This is fixed by this commit:
Fixed in spice-vdagent-0.14.0-2.el6 moving to modified.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.