Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1009986
GUI / welcome page: locale drop down is not clickable when the page contains a scroll-bar
Last modified: 2016-01-28 16:56:30 EST
Created attachment 800034 [details]
screen-cast: welcome page
Description of problem:
When attempting to change the selected locale in the locale drop-down within the welcome page or in one of the GUI applications (web-admin/user-portal) while the browser page contains a vertical scroll bar, the locale drop down doesn't react as a drop-down (behavior seems more like a label behavior).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open your browser on either a low-res screen or in a (non-maximized) window which its height has been decreased.
2. browse to the RHEV welcome page
3. scroll down to see the locale drop-down on the bottom-right part of the page
4. click on the locale drop-down in an attempt to change the selected locale
locale drop-down doesn't respond (i.e. it acts like a label, rather than a drop down)
locale drop-down responds properly like a drop-down (i.e. display a list of all available locales upon click)
- see attached video for demonstration of the problem (tested on latest ovirt upstream with the RHEV branding applied + patch for Bug 997418 applied).
- problem occurs only when the window contains a scroll-bar and we need to scroll down in order to see the locale drop-down. When the window doesn't contain a scroll-bar, behavior of the locale drop-down is OK.
- tested on multiple browsers on Fedora 17/19 (FF22, FF23, Chrome)
Closing - RHEV 3.3 Released