Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1012786
Packstack fails to enable mariadb
Last modified: 2014-01-15 17:01:40 EST
Since MySQL was replaced in Fedora 19 by MariaDB, this move went even further in F20, and the backwards compat service mysqld.service was dropped in favor of mariadb.service
ERROR : Error during puppet run : Error: Could not enable mysqld: Execution of '/sbin/chkconfig mysqld on' returned 1: Note: Forwarding request to 'systemctl enable mysqld.service'.
Please check log file /var/tmp/packstack/20130927-082930-1OuaIY/openstack-setup.log for more information
* A new answerfile was created in: /root/packstack-answers-20130927-082930.txt
* Time synchronization installation was skipped. Please note that unsynchronized time on server instances might be problem for some OpenStack components.
* Did not create a cinder volume group, one already existed
* To use the command line tools you need to source the file /root/keystonerc_admin created on 192.168.36.18
* To use the console, browse to http://192.168.36.18/dashboard
[root@gauss ~]# systemctl enable mysqld.servie
Failed to issue method call: No such file or directory
[root@gauss ~]# systemctl enable mariadb.service
ln -s '/usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service' '/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/mariadb.service'
[root@gauss ~]# rpm -q openstack-packstack
This package has changed ownership in the Fedora Package Database. Reassigning to the new owner of this component.
*** Bug 1018999 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Taken from a duplicate:
Changed /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/packstack/puppet/modules/mysql/manifests/params.pp to include "$service_name = 'mariadb'" in the Fedora >= 19 section, which seemed to fix this.
While this bug was dealing with the mariadb _service_ compat issue,
and bug 981116 was dealing with the _package_ compat issue,
that bug has been reopened and now contains more info on
the _service_ compat issue that this does.
So closing this as dupe...
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 981116 ***