Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1017825
Clarifications and small rewording suggested in the "Supported Roles" chapter
Last modified: 2014-08-14 11:18:22 EDT
Title: Supported Roles
Describe the issue:
Besides few clarification and rewording suggestions below, there is one somewhat bigger issue: the text is using a word "sensitive" that I believe wasn't defined. It is pretty important though (as there are some configuration elements that deal with it).
1. "The Operator role extends the monitor role"
2. "Administrator is the only role that has access to sensitive data and operations."
3. "This role can also configure the access control system, configure the data sensitivity levels, and assign resources as deployment resources."
4. "The Deployer role has the same permissions as the Monitor, but can modify configuration and state for deployments and any resource type enabled as an application resource."
Suggestions for improvement:
1. "The Operator role extends the Monitor role"
2. Clarify that the SuperUser is of course also allowed to access sensitive things.
3. Clarify that Administrator cannot configure the Auditor and SuperUser roles, because if he could, he could be able to make himself an Auditor or a SuperUser. Also, it's not "deployment resources" but "application resources".
4. If we start to consider deployments to be ordinary resources, like I suggest in bug 1017812, this would need to be reworded.