Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1018391
Desktop activity fails wifi during scp or sftp transfer
Last modified: 2013-11-07 14:59:24 EST
Description of problem:
During an scp transfer, moving anything on the desktop brings down the wifi thus stalling the transfer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
# uname -r
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. On a wifi connected system, on gnome desktop, open a terminal window.
2. Start an scp copy or sftp from another system
3. When the tranfer speed indicated stabilises (~2.5MB/s on my system), open another terminal window.
The transfer speed will drop until it stalls.
NetworkManager will eventually (usually more than a minute later) report the lost connection.
sftp/scp transfer should continue unabated while using other desktop features.
1. Disabled NetworkManager, started wifi wpa_supplicant manual. Sill fails.
2. Loaded KDE. Doesn't fail on KDE.
3. Reloaded laptop with fresh ditribution, latest updates. Still fails
Created attachment 811394 [details]
system log (/var/log/messages)
*** Bug 1018380 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Since yesterday's update, wifi fails as soon as an SCP transfer is started.
At run level 2, the wifi stays up and the SCP proceed at ~2.5MB/s until completion.
Since yesterday's update to kernel 3.11.6-201.fc19.x86_64, this problem hasn't reoccured.